Transparency is at the heart of any high quality not-for-profit. By virtue of being a recognised "Charity", not-for-profit organisations and NGOs owe it to the general public to provide relevant information about their work.
Dóchas members have been at the forefront of the drive to improve the quality of information provided to the general public by Irish charities, often winning awards for the presentation of their annual accounts. Dóchas has built on this expertise and its own Code of Corporate Governance, to develop Ireland's most stringent requirements for charity reporting.
- Guidelines for Annual reports and Financial Statements for NGOs
- Dóchas Report on a review of Annual Reports and Financial Statements of Dóchas Members
Other key resources
- Charities Regulatory Authority
- A Note on Charities SORP
- Guide to Financial Management for NGOs
- Writing your Charity's Investment Policy: A Guide
Click on the menu to the right for more details on resources and tools for NGOs