Dóchas is seeking nominations to the Dóchas Board, for consideration at our forthcoming Annual General Meeting, to be held on Thursday 09 May 2024, in The Royal College of Physicians of Ireland (RCPI), Dublin 2.
There will be four director positions available for election at this year's AGM, three from our membership and one external.
Skills, experience and profile
From our membership: We are seeking candidates with demonstrable leadership experience and an ability to contribute constructively to Dóchas’ strategic direction. Candidates with an experience of stakeholder management, networking and influencing is preferable. See further details here.
External: We are seeking a candidate with experience in Political engagement and Public Affairs, including:
- Diplomatic, UN or other political affairs experience, preferably in relation to foreign affairs
- Extensive experience and/or knowledge of public affairs, delivering policy change and influencing at the highest level.
- Experience at stakeholder management, networking and influencing
- Strong current networks within relevant industry and philanthropic circles;
- Demonstrated ability to manage reputational risk
- Sensitivity to the needs of the international development sector in Ireland.
Further details can be found here.
The Board meets five times a year, and the Board Member would be expected to fulfill one term of three years, which may be extended to a maximum of three terms subject to election at the AGM.
Please Submit a CV and short letter outlining your interest and applicability for the role by 5pm on 1st March 2024 to anna(at)dochas.ie.
If you wish to discuss this role in further detail, please contact Jane-Ann McKenna, CEO at jane-ann(at)dochas.ie.