Do you want to make a difference in the world by engaging with issues of poverty and injustice? Are you a connector, an innovator and a good communicator?
Dóchas, the Irish Association of Non-Governmental Development Organisations, is a vibrant network which aims to connect, inspire and represent people and organisations working for global justice. We provide a forum for consultation and co-operation between our members, and aim to speak with a single voice on global development and justice. Our vision is a world where poverty and marginalisation are unacceptable and where every person has the right to live a life of dignity.
We are seeking a talented junior professional who wants to learn new skills and make change happen. You will work on events and communications, reporting and research, member engagement, and supporting each member of our team to deliver on Dóchas strategy.
Our ideal candidate is someone who is committed to the values of social justice, and believes in the importance of collaboration in order to bring about transformative change. It is someone who is highly motivated, positive and creative, and who has excellent communication skills.
You can expect to:
- Compile and publish our weekly e-newsletter
- Report-writing and project monitoring, including data tracking about Dóchas activities
- Assist with planning, organising and marketing Dóchas events
- Support our communication needs, including managing our social media outlets and zoom events
- Assist with organising, notetaking and supporting Dóchas Working Groups
- Research to support our policy and campaigns work
Requirements of all Dóchas staff
- Commitment to the purpose of Dóchas and to work within the values, policies and procedures of the organisation and in the context of current legislation and regulations
- To actively participate in team and staff meetings and service reviews/ evaluations and to contribute to the development of policy and practice with your area of work and within Dóchas as a whole
- To show reasonable flexibility in relation to hours of attendance to meet the needs of the work. Work during unsocial hours may be required
- Have a flexible approach to the work in response to organisational change, development and review of best practice
- To participate in the efficient flow of information within the organisation by sharing and seeking information as appropriate
- To undertake other duties as may be requested by the line manager from time to time
- To undertake your work in a manner that is friendly and flexible
You will become an integral member of our team, contributing fully to the delivery of Dóchas strategic objectives. You will play a full part in the administration, planning and evaluation of Dóchas' work as a whole. The post is self-servicing and includes clerical duties.
- Educated to Degree level in Development or a related discipline;
Proven organisational and planning skills;
- Proven track record in communications;
- Excellent IT and social networking skills.
- Very high attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Highly motivated with an ability to take initiative and work independently
- Willingness to be flexible and adapt to a fluid situation
- An engaging, diplomatic and participative style
- A learning and creative approach to achieving objectives
We encourage applications from all backgrounds, communities and sectors, and we are committed to equality and diversity within our team and network.
Please submit a CV and 1-page cover letter demonstrating your suitability for the role to the Dóchas Head of Programme and Policy, firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday 25 May at 5.30pm Irish time. Interviews are expected the following week. Only those shortlisted for interview will be contacted. Applicants must hold a valid employment permit for Ireland.