Dóchas is the Irish Association of Non-Governmental Development Organisations. It provides a forum for consultation and co-operation between its members, and helps them speak with a single voice on global development and justice issues. Our vision is a world where poverty and marginalisation are unacceptable and where every person has the right to live a life of dignity.
Dóchas’ current strategic plan runs until 2020 but we’ve agreed to extend it by a year, until 2021, to allow for a deeper period of reflection about the future of INGOs. The new strategy is expected to cover 2022-2026.
To ensure the strategy responds to the external environment and builds on the collective strength of its members, we want to invest in a collaborative process. It needs to create a strong vision for what the Irish NGO sector aspires to be by 2050, as well as ensuring a deeper commitment to working together for change. Following this ‘Reimagining to Build Back Better’ project, we will develop a theory of change for how Dóchas will supports its members.
This Reimagining project is an opportunity to draw together some “big picture thinking” including in relation to the impact of COVID-19 on the sector, so that we can rethink our role within this rapidly changing context. It will also be important to reflect on, and build from horizon scanning analysis that has already been developed by our members and/or other alliances.
This consultancy will:
- Design and implement a collaborative process to engage our members and other key stakeholders and critical friends, in order to analyse the main themes and concerns about the external international development landscape and the future role of INGOs.
- Design a framework to analyse and visualise responses, possibly through the
development of scenarios, and then produce a summary/overview of trends and
- Support Dóchas to present the findings/final report during its virtual conference in May 2021
The proposal should include:
1. An outline of the proposed methodology and approach for carrying out this Re-imagining project
2. Case studies/outline of relevant similar work and CVs for key team members
3. A proposed cost and cost breakdown for the project
4. A proposed timeline
For more infomation, please see the Terms of reference below. Please submit your expression of interest, including a brief outline of the methodology and timeframe you propose in line with these terms of reference, to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm, 8 January 2021.