Official Development Assistance (ODA), as set out in A Better World, is central to Ireland’s foreign policy in building better futures for the world’s poorest communities. We do this because it is right, because it is in keeping with the values and the experiences of the Irish people, and because it is in our interests as a small country in an increasingly interconnected world.
Dóchas and its members would like to deliver a political and public engagement campaign which bolsters support for ODA during 2021 and influences the outcome of Budget 2022, ensuring that the amount allocated for ODA in the Budget is on par with 2021 allocations. In short, we need to make the case for continued support for ODA and global solidarity, highlighting its importance now more than ever. To achieve this we need the help of a creative communications agency who can bring our vision to life through a variety of communications outputs.
Campaign Strategic Objectives
- Maintain the current levels of funding for the ODA budget throughout 2021, 2022 and 2023 and encourage a renewed focus on reaching 0.7%
- Build strong relationships across the political spectrum to cultivate ODA champions and ensure continued support for ODA by both opposition and those in government
- Ensure quality of Irish ODA – that it remains poverty-focused, grant based and un-tied
- Encourage ODA supporters to be active and vocal to their representatives
- Shape Irish public narrative on aid (avoiding public narrative of ‘competition’)
- Encourage public awareness and support for global solidarity and ODA
For a full description of the deliverables for this project as well as the application process please see the Terms of Reference.
The deadline for receipt of submissions is 5pm on Friday 7 May 2021.