We are delighted to launch our Strategy for 2022-2026. This new strategic direction – developed in collaboration with you - will shape and guide our priorities and activities over the next five years.
During this time, we seek to support members to adapt to new demands and changing circumstances through a dynamic network that harnesses our shared knowledge, experiences and diversity of thought.
Over the next five years, Dóchas will focus on four complementary and mutually reinforcing areas of work aimed at strengthening the overall impact of Irish international development and humanitarian organisations:
- Develop a strong and dynamic network that enhances opportunities for connection, coordination and collaboration.
- Help the Irish international development and humanitarian sector to transform by creating opportunities for increased impact.
- Mobilise our convening power to influence policy change and public support.
- Encourage strong and diverse leadership in the Irish international development and humanitarian sector.
What is different?
- We will move towards being an impact network: identifying more effective ways for members to convene, connect and collaborate. We will evolve our model to apply the most appropriate structure to the objective.
- We will enhance our perspective, embracing more outward-looking and diverse voices from within and outside the membership.
- We will identify priority areas to be addressed regarding standards of practice, key issues and transformational work and focus on those where Dóchas has an added value in leading on, and supporting, members.
- We will look at changes needed within the sector and co-design/develop solutions to complex challenges.
- We will lead on navigating a changing political environment and enhancing support for international development.
- We will be more strategic in our communications, advocacy and policy work, particularly in relation to global agendas.
- We will encourage courageous leadership within the sector.
Request a hard copy of the strategy by emailing morgane(at)dochas.ie.